FEET WORSHIPPER


CowGirl - RM40!

How many pairs of shoes a woman should own?

I have about 10 pairs of shoes in my shoe rack now. (excluding slippers and sport shoes). Half of them, I don’t really wear. I only wear those which are comfortable. In fact, I have a bad habit of wearing the same pair of shoes till they wear off. Then, why must I have 10 pairs of shoes if I only wear one pair at one time? Call it impulsive buying.

Most girlfriends I know own more than what I have. I think my modest 10 pairs as compared to theirs is a negligible figure. Imelda Marcos owns more than 1,000 pairs of shoes. How many shoes can she wear the entire year? If she were to wear all her shoes in a year, (it is not everyday she goes to a function), say, out of the 350 days, she would have worn an average of three pairs of shoes a day.

Does a woman genetically programmed to impulsively buy shoes? No matter how broke my best bud, WY is in any given month, she just has to buy a pair of shoes a month. Sounds like an old Guiness advertistment, “Gotta Have It.”

Does a woman stares at other’s people feet everyday to check out what they wear?

I once worked in a reputable bank where we had this Department Head whom every employee would love to hate. The female colleagues were always envious of her shoes collection. On a casual Saturday, DH wore a pair of apple green Blahnik with a purple t-shirt and jeans. Talk about bad dressing sense. When a female colleague told me that those shoes retailed at a price equivalent to our one month salary, I dismissed it as an utter stupidity. Even after watching Sex and the City, I still don’t understand what the fuss is all about. It is like “Men and their Cars”. This is “Women and their Shoes”.

History has proved to mankind that a woman’s feet are subject to the scrutiny of men. For instant, the Chinese prefer their wives feet bounded. It somewhat exudes eroticism to see a lady in bounded feet walk. Only the rich had the privilege to bind the feet of their female family members.

During the Ms USA 2004, a participant quipped, “I want to change the size of my feet. They are too big and ugly”, which was totally irrelevant to the question, “If you were given a chance to change a part of your past, what would it be?” It was a miracle she made it to the final five.

See how a woman can be so obsessive about her feet? Heck, even Sasha, at a tender age of 17 months knew how to buy expensive shoes.

My feet size is 7. Sometimes, 8 depending on the brand, make and type. I think if I lose more weight, I will be wearing a 6.

Oh, no. I think I have gotten on the band wagon to the land of females with compulsive shoes obsession disorder.

Comments

Backup comments said…
i have red floral slippers and i find that the shoes for kids age below 7 yrs old is very beautifull and adult shoes are very boring….
phoenix | 05.24.04 – 8:47 pm | #

Ah. You should try Pretty Fit. Those shoes there are colorful and bold. They are not boring. Unfortunately, my personality doesnt warrant me to wear such shoes. Possibly when I am lighter by a few more kgs, I will be wearing bold colored shoes!

Thanks for dropping by.
Gina | Homepage | 05.25.04 – 11:26 am | #

gina..u are welcome…i think girls are allowed to ware bold colored shoes but not the man..hehehe..
phoenix | 05.25.04 – 9:18 pm | #

I must admit I’m a shoe frenzy…but lately I’ve stopped buying unnecessarily and only shops when there’s a sale or at least 20% disc on shoes (have to be a modest spender). Now I only buy shoe with good quality which gives you comfort. Remember this phrase (my PA lect always use this) “Cheap thing no good, good thing no cheap”…a lesson I’ve learned. However, I’ve realised that the shoe brand,”NOSE” (a brand recommeded by my fren) is relatively inexpensive and durable…the design also quite trendy…hmmm…waiting for the next mega sales…
Wai Ye | 05.26.04 – 3:09 pm | #

Popular Posts