TO OR NOT TO PRO-CREATE?

A conversation with an old friend from my primary school about having children. (via internet)

Self: my bro is in IBM.
Self: more like consultancy

Friend: your little bro..
Friend: wahhh..he must be good


Self: no longer little.
Self: next year getting married

Friend: you're the eldest eh?
Friend: waaaa..langkah bendul!
Friend: heard abt that phrase before?


Self: yeah.
Self: my bahasa score punya lah.
Self: Hahaha.
Self: Nvrmind.
Self: Since i am not getting married also.
Self: If want to wait for me, sampai bila bila pun tak payah kahwin.

Friend: hehe.
Friend: same here
Friend: luckily my bro has married
Friend: i've got 3 anak sedara
Friend: all boys!


Self: your mak not worry ah?
Self: as for chinese
Self: we are all ok one, no hurry

Friend: everytime i balik taiping, my mom will talk abt this
Friend: they themselves know that i'm single..cari la satu
Friend: hehe


Self: ask them to find u one lah
Self: u know
Self: merisik lah
Self: tunang lah
Self: hehe

Friend: they said they don't have many friends
Friend: hehe..


Self: how can?
Self: last time kat uni dont have kah?

Friend: got
Friend: not a bf-gf relationship
Friend: good friend only
Friend: actually kan, i've never been in love aaaa


Self: yeah kah?
Self: tak syok punya in love
Self: memang menyusahkan
Self: after everything is over
Self: lagi sakit hati

Friend: cite la your experience
Friend: hehe


Self: heheh
Self: i dont have many malay friends
Self: else, i would have intro some malay chap to you
(Obviously avoiding answering that)

Friend: hehe
Friend: don't worry la
Friend: i have to keep praying
Friend: harder and harder


Self: praying cant help
Self: haha
Self: have u tried speed dating?

Friend: what is that?

Self: aiyah
Self: u pay about rm45 for 2 drinks
Self: but it is pub lah
Self: then u get to know 20 guys at one go

Friend: don't want that type lar..

Self: akkak
Self: my frens did it

Friend: how was it? got hooked up or not?

Self: not really. anyway, it helps to get more frens

Friend: the setback of getting married late is hard to get baby
Friend: hehe


Self: yeah
Self: but come to think of it
Self: must we have children?
Self: they are a burden

Friend: hehe..disagree!
Friend: they can be the love of your life
Friend: besides your other half la..


Self: they also can cause u pain
Self: i mean, nowadays how to have children?
Self: with all the evils in this world?
Self: injustice, pollution, perverts
Self: wars, diseases

Friend: it's true..but then, where will be all your earnings go?

Self: go to orphans, war torn countries, SPCA,
Self: temples, churches
Self: AIDS victims
Self: Vacation, spa, beauty treatments

Friend: LOL

I might be an idealist. But one can choose what he/she believes in. I happened to be a non-believer of pro-creation.

Comments

Backup comments said…
i dont mind to born them but i dont like take care them…
phoenix | 05.28.04 – 3:19 pm | #

LOL. I like that. You are very frank. I have a friend who told me, once she gave birth, she will give the baby to her mom for 3 years, then only come and get the baby. Talk about responsibility.
Gina | Homepage | 05.28.04 – 4:41 pm | #

hey, this is interesting!! Getting a baby…
I of course, want to get a baby with the one I love, not in the name of fulfilling my obligation as the family only’s son…hehehe, just wanna see how the baby looks like, and who the baby resemble, maybe a little bit inherited from me, and her.. that would be nice…. and cute..hehe

by the way, up to today, nobody is yet to agree with my idea to have the baby now, and marriage life begins three years later… so, it will eliminate the hassle of being married late..what say you.
Fred | 05.28.04 – 7:13 pm | #

Fred, you can try Wai Ye. She is FOR pro-creation.
Gina | Homepage | 06.01.04 – 8:18 pm | #

Wei don’t simply advertise on my behalf… Anyway, I have no qualms bout children but too bad they don’t like me. Guess my fierce and serious look scared them. My mum used to babysit my niece and she liked my younger sister more than me cos she (my sis) likes to pamper (I’ve no skill in spoiling kids) her. Nowadays, the chinese community fear of giving birth with the tots of giving them the best in world. To me, just give them sufficient need with more love and care instead of inculcating materialism in their mind.
Wai Ye | 06.04.04 – 2:30 pm | #

Popular Posts