QUICKIE TIPS TO RENEW PASSPORT

I woke up at 5.45 am and reached the Wilayah Complex Immigration Department, at 6.35 a.m. I was not surprised at the bee-lined queue.. unlike at Zouk’s last Friday. This is much better and the crowd here is more civilized and we don’t have to be soaking wet in the rain.

So much has been talked about hassle-free passport renewal/application. I even received an e-mail saying we don’t have to go through the counters anymore. We just need to deposit our passports at kiosks and make payment.. collect the passports the very next day.


Easy Steps To Renew Passport... soon

It is impressive how the Immigration Department has improved their efficiency by leaps and bounds. I timed the service. I got number 32 and was pleased that everything is over in 40 minutes (minus the lining up part of coz). Average time taken : One minute per applicant. Office starts at 7.45 am and the queue starts as early as 6 a.m.

One tip though.

I was approached by two sweet young girls at the entrance. Forgotten the steps to renew my passport, I gave in to their persuasion by letting them filing up my forms (I felt like an illiterate), identity card photocopied and getting my pics taken in a secluded shop, way inside the complex.

To my horror, I looked like an aqua (Translation: Transvestite – the ugly one, not like the beautiful Thais) in my passport photo. I overheard a guy complained loudly that he looked like Chu Tau Peng (Cantonese: Pig Head) in his passport pics – this vain pot really look like CTP in flesh.

I retook my pics after I obtained my number. (Hey, I don't want to be stucked with that aqua pic for five years and pay RM300 for it!)

So people, if you ever go to Immigration Department in Wilayah Complex, may I suggest a few pointers:

(1) Get your IC photocopied in office. You gotta pay 40 sen for one copy there when you can get it for free in office.

(2) Get your passport pics taken after a good night sleep, else you would end up looking like aquas or CTPs. If you want your pics to be taken instant, go to the first shop on the left entrance which says KODAK. They have been there for awhile. They take nice pics.

(3) Get your office boy to collect the RM1 forms one day before you go to renew your passport if you do not wish to pay RM5 and get them to be filled up by some exploited school girls.

(4) There is no need to bring magazines anymore. I hardly have time to read them. The immigration department is THAT efficient now!

Kudos to Pak Lah!

Comments

Backup comments said…
Thanks for the tips. I don’t have office boy to send for forms one day beforehand * sigh *
anonymous | Homepage | 11.10.04 – 8:48 pm | #

any travelling plans? backpackers style!!!
VJ | 11.10.04 – 11:51 pm | #

Fish: No problem. Nice blog you have there!

VJ: Going to Singapore in December.. then maybe Bali or Perth next year. I am too old to back pack..
Gina | Homepage | 11.10.04 – 11:54 pm | #

Hey, do you have any spare forms left? I need to renew my passport when I get home. Hehehehe.
Kat | Homepage | 11.11.04 – 1:01 am | #

Kat: Say earlier mah. I will get it for you tomorrow when I go to collect my passport. :D

Any nice books?
Gina | Homepage | 11.11.04 – 11:04 am | #

Talking about my passport photo, i don’t dare to show it to anyone. Why must they enlarge it?
Ann | 11.11.04 – 10:02 pm | #
Backup comments said…
Imagine a petite girl worrying about enlarging her passport pics. What about me? what about me??? Hhahaha.
Gina | Homepage | 11.12.04 – 12:51 am | #

well, i actually renewed my passport with ann. i think my picture looks bad but have to live with the passport for another two years i think.
victoria | 11.12.04 – 9:14 am | #

got your message today. Thanks sweetie. hehe..

erm… what books do you want?
Kat | Homepage | 11.13.04 – 12:30 am | #

Gross… I got my passport yesterday – it was quite tragic. But at least not looking like aqua.

Kat: Any recommendations? I am waiting for the Satanic Verses. How about Jane Austen Book Club? How much?
Gina | Homepage | 11.13.04 – 3:59 pm | #

Popular Posts