STRAWBERRIES DREAMS


I am not really a fruit fan but other than persimmons and honey dew, and I also pretty much love strawberries.

No, this is not going to be another fruit tale.

It is about a friend who bought me strawberries during one of his many, many trips.

As I left my current company, Fung Keong is also leaving. But he will be leaving Kuala Lumpur for good to pursue his innermost dream – that is to add his signature onto the landscape of many buildings in Bangkok - a metropolitan, rich with harmonious blend of ancient and modern architecture. It is wonderful to see him living his dreams.

Paulo Coelho said in the Alchemist, “When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it”.

Passionate about almost everything Thai, this is more than a dream come true. It has been a tussle to come up with this decision. As much as he wanted it, he still has a list of other things to consider – his roots here, to be apart from his loved ones, his loft littered with heaps and heaps of travel books and magazines, the familiar morning air in his room when he wakes up in the morning, etc.

It is all excitement and feeling of helplessness at the same time. I could sense him being torn between passion and practicality.

Not many people would be this courageous to uproot themselves, leaving a familiar environment to try their luck elsewhere. He is one of the brave ones, and undeniably, the brave ones would make it big.

When he was skeptical, I gave him my assurance, saying, if I believe in him, why not himself?

Well, I hate to admit this, but I am gonna bloody miss this dude. We gossip, talk cock, enjoy good photography, sharing private jokes (MTF/YBF – hahah!!!) and he’s a good makan buddy (and I hate him for staying so skinny!)

I am sure he would be in good hands and may he always be well and happy.

Comments

Backup comments said…
not a fruit lover, nvm… i got something nice for u to eat in my blog hahah! very tasty, guaranteed!
kampungkai | Homepage | 04.02.06 – 6:55 pm | #

hisname remind me of a shoe brand….oops!
foodcrazee | Homepage | 04.02.06 – 8:22 pm | #

yeah..if he is fung keong, u must be bata….classier.

i c u driving a lamborghini in no time….. a flaming one.
pedro sanchez | 04.03.06 – 3:56 pm | #

ooohhh… I love strawberries. But it’s really hard to get nice sweet juicy ones in Malaysia. I simply love fruits especially Peach, Nectarine (look almost like peach but without the ‘hairy’ feel to it)and plum.
Poison | Homepage | 04.03.06 – 6:34 pm | #

poison, i share yr fruit preference too…100%. we must hv something in common!
san pedro | 04.04.06 – 1:29 pm | #

not bata – but warrior….
foodcrazee | Homepage | 04.04.06 – 7:15 pm | #

san pedro: I usually get some nice fruits from the KL Sentral station. There’s this small kiosk that sells imported fruits and they are usually sweet. Their price is also reasonably affordable (compared to supermarket prices). At least, they don’t go by per 100gm. I’ve once bought a piece of nectarine for RM2.60 at Sogo supermarket. Needless to say, I only bought 1 coz it was sooooo damn expensive.
Poison | Homepage | 04.04.06 – 8:26 pm | #

Ah Kai: Ang Koo is my dad’s favorite!

foodcrazee: It’s indeed a shoe brand.. trying to be anonymous here.

Pedro: Anytime for a lamborghini dude.

Poison: Worr.. have to lah support local fruits a bit – guava keh.. betik keh.. heheh.

san pedro: Everyone always has something in common with you one. Crowd pleaser!

Foodie: Warrior??

Poison: I always get my guavas for free. hehe.
Gina | Homepage | 04.08.06 – 1:01 am | #

Popular Posts