SMOKIN'

This morning, I woke up to frantic scream of my sis. In a daze, I heard subconsciously – “Fire!! Fire!!”

The first thing that drifted through my mind was – did we buy insurance for the house we are staying in now?

I woke up, rubbed my eyes and went to my balcony. This was the first thing that I saw this morning.

Holy smoke!!

Apparently, a tyre workshop and an air conditioner shop a few blocks away from my home were engulfed in fire. The water nearby was too low pressured and the stream of water coming out from the fire hose - was just like a little boy peeing (Our uncle filled us in when we returned for lunch).

Seriously, what would you think of when you wake up to a ball of smoke? What would your thoughts be? Accidents and shit happen without warning. We better be prepared for this.

I am gonna renew my fire insurance which was long expired. Guess it is a prudent move. We will never know.


This pic was a nice surprise. A pigeon just happened to fly by as I took the pic before my battery went dead.

Comments

Backup comments said…
yup! malang tidak berbau… better prepared first than sorry…
laymank | Homepage | 04.19.06 – 12:47 am | #

you know how in an emergency ppl tell you to stay cool. haha that never happens wan. both times i was involved in a fire both times also everyone panic..
yuin | 04.19.06 – 10:45 am | #

gosh! what a way to start your day!

luckily, you didn’t start running out of the house the moment you heard your sis’ frantic scream. anyway, it’s thankful that the fire is a few blocks away.
mie | 04.19.06 – 6:20 pm | #

better be careful Gina….ask the Fire Unit to check their blardy hydrant…
foodcrazee | Homepage | 04.19.06 – 8:54 pm | #

laymank: Well said.

Yuin: Yeah lah. The fire marshall in my office gelabah habis when it’s really fire happening.

mie: The moral of the story is – never to sleep naked. Hahahahah!!!

foodcrazee: Seriously lah. I dunno why the pressure was so low. Better write to the MPS to check.. or is it the fire unit?
Gina | Homepage | 04.19.06 – 9:12 pm | #

that really was a nice picture. good shot!

hope that there wasn’t any casualties in the fire. take care, Gina!
greenapple | Homepage | 04.21.06 – 10:58 am | #

I guess not. We didn’t hear anything that someone died. Lucky it was early morning. So, no one was at the shop.
Gina | Homepage | 04.21.06 – 1:27 pm | #

Popular Posts