LESLIE CHEUNG'S APPRECIATION NIGHT

12 September 1956 - 1 April 2003

I still remember when I first heard the news of his sudden death, the first thing I thought was, this was a cruel April Fool joke. I was with a group of friends, tucking away heartily at Fatty Crabs in PJ. But unfortunately, it wasn't.

I am not really a fan of Leslie, but he was indeed a very gorgeous talented man. I once dreamt of him, being my classmate when I was 13. He was sitting next to me in class, with his hair all gel up, using Brylcream - I could still remember I could smell his hair. I forgot the conversation that we had though. Then, I woke up and switch on the tv. There he was, the advertisement of his coming concert in Malaysia. What a coincidence! I will never forget him in the Chinese Ghost Story, acting alongside with Joey Wong.

Yesterday, over a few coolers and margherittas in Crossroads, Concorde, a friend invited me to her sister's cafe for a Leslie Appreciation Night on 1 April 2006 in Sunwaymas. Well, I would like to extend this invitation to you guys as well.

The restaurant is here:

The Delightful Place Cafe
(At first, I heard - What?? Lei Tai Foo??? - your underwear - HAHA!!)

No. 7-1, Jalan PJU 1/3G
Sunwaymas Commercial Centre
47301 Petaling Jaya

Special Promotion:
25% off main course
Asian delight from RM6.80 and western delight from RM8.80
Happy Hours 5.00 pm to 9.30 pm.

All beers 6 in a bucket for RM49.90

15% discount from menu price for additonal order of snacks and beers

Leslie impersonator will be there.. from 9 pm to 12 am. I dunno who the heck he is, but I heard he’s good!

Attached is the map - I know it is kinda small.. oh well, it is in Sunwaymas Commercial Centre, right in front of the field.


I am gonna be there... to kasi support a bit lah.

And, please don’t wear black top and jeans as people will think you are a waitress/waiter.

I have to wear black top and jeans.. just in case i might double up waitressing there for the night. (Just look out for the LARGEST waitress!)

So, peeps... see you there.

IT'S TONIGHT!!

Comments

Backup comments said…
Definitely miss this man, not only he’s good looking but he can sing well. Sigh, can’t believe that he took his own life.

I presume you must have enjoy the show that night
WY | 04.09.06 – 1:43 pm | #

I thought there were no Leslie fan here. Ok lah. Quite happening.
Gina | Homepage | 04.09.06 – 2:18 pm | #

Popular Posts