YOU’RE SO VAIN!

A friend once accused me for being a vain pot when I told him I was about to go for a facial and a hair cut that weekend. In my defense, I said it is a basic personal hygiene.

I have a mini pharmacy of my own in the bathroom. When I was a teen, my face was infested with volcanic pimples which made me looked as if someone had slash me on my face and had stitches all over. No kidding. I looked like a Frankenstein’s bride.

My housemates (I was in TAR College at that point of time) complained about the cluttered bottles of tea tree oil from all the brands in the pharmacy you could find.

Thank goodness, the pimples miraculously disappear after I refuse to even think about it. I find, the more you fuss over your face, the more problems it will give you. I just leave it to the professionals.

My sister – who only has less than 10 products for her entire body: A bottle of shampoo, a bar of soap, a cleanser, a moisturizer, a baby powder, toothpaste and a bottle of body lotion. And yet, her skin remains porcelain clear. I guess it is her diet. She eats more fruits than I am. I, on the other hand, use 10 products on my face alone!

No wonder they always say, it is easy to do a woman’s business. Just take a look in my bathroom!

My face alone costs me about RM2,000 (products and facial courses) to maintain every year.


For the Face: Mostly Cellnique products

1. Gentle Foaming Cleanser with AHA and Tomato
2. Total Daytime Protection SPF 15 eith Procyanidolic Oligomers
3. Skin Active Sebum Gel with Tea Tree and Eucalyptus Oils
4. Oasis Soothing Gel with Aloe Vera, Collagen and Horse Chestnuts
5. Soothing and Hydration Lotion with Ginger Root extracts
6. Derma Brightener with Bearberry and Vitamin C
7. Skin Glowing Mask with Papain and Bromelain
8. Elemente Pimple Gel
9. Loreal’s make up remover lotion
10. Kao Biore’s Pore Strips


For the Body:

1. Shokubutsu’s bathfoam
2. Glycerine lavender soap
3. Body Shop Body Butter
4. Loreal White Perfect
5. Florentina Fiona’s hand crème
6. Prolin feminine wash
7. SkinFood cellulite crème
8. Aiken’s body powder.

Not in picture: Toothpaste, toothbrush (I was thinking of getting an electronic toothbrush), Walnut foot scrub, Body Shop’s peppermint foot scrub, Rosken for dry skin and Cotaryl crème for Dry Skin


For the Hair: (I have short hair – I try not to imagine if I have long hair)

1. Schwarzkopf’s energy shampoo and conditioner
2. Loreal Elseve hair mask
3. Hairtec intensive serum hair
4. Ludicol hair wax

I used to rub tonic on my scalp, but abandoned the idea after I realize that the bald spot on my head is a permanent one due to genetics.

So, now I know, where all my money goes towards the end of the month. Instead of saving 10% of my earnings, more than 10% of it goes to vanity every month. Hmmph.. I guess narcissim is necessary afterall.

Comments

Backup comments said…
woah..thats allot of stuff man!
nicktay | Homepage | 11.06.05 – 4:49 pm | #

heh, spend…don’t spend!
kimberlycun | Homepage | 11.06.05 – 5:43 pm | #

wow.
me ar… shampoo, soap, shaving foam, toothpaste, aftershave.
that’s it.
Vagus | Homepage | 11.06.05 – 9:55 pm | #

Now I feel so much better, cos I thought I was going overboard with a hairspray and a mouthwash.
fishtail | Homepage | 11.07.05 – 11:41 am | #

just wondered… nevermind about the varieties and cost, but the time required to spend on it is not little, too right?

You must have very good time management skill!
laymank | Homepage | 11.07.05 – 12:18 pm | #

harlo sista,

i guess, i have lots of stuff too… facial cleanser, deep cleanser, toner, moisturiser, skin-whitenner, facial scrub, after-shave, after-shave-balm, shaving foam, shampoo, conditioner, colour-restorerm, toothpaste, pore strips, etc etc….

geez, i guess, I am equally vain like you….

but ah, my friend, W, on my blog…. has EVEN MORE…. urrghh…

geez, metrosexual guys just love to be GOOD… hee hee
Kitjar Sukjaidee | Homepage | 11.07.05 – 2:05 pm | #

h2o
ryuu | 11.07.05 – 5:49 pm | #

not vain ler, juz taking a good care of yourself, like the car needed a regular maintenance la. cheers!
JoeC | Homepage | 11.07.05 – 9:23 pm | #

nick: Tell me about it. Heh

Kim: In this case, it is spend, spend, spend.. Hey big spender!

Vagus: I wish I am a man at times.. but some men are so vain – Look at Kitjar.. geez.

fishtail: Be careful with the use of hair spray leh. Not the ozone layer I am concerned about. My aunt use hair spray since 17 and now, 62 – she is almost botak!!

laymank: Practice makes perfect. Heh.

Kitjar: I am not sure about the metrosexual part.. hmmph…

ryuu: Guess that is the best eh? But make sure your h2o is clean lor.. filter properly.

joeC: Sudah take care also look like shit.. imagine if I don’t take care! Hah!
Gina | Homepage | 11.07.05 – 9:30 pm | #

Tomato? Heck, I could give you a tomato treatment for just the price of a tomato. Hehehh!
james | Homepage | 11.09.05 – 11:55 pm | #

they say, toh-mah-toh… we say, toh-may-toh..

ok i’m being lame
ryuu | 11.10.05 – 9:59 pm | #

James: This is processed tomato ok? Different one. Didn’t use own fertilizer to grow. He he he!

Ryuu: Get a life! Ha ha.
Gina | Homepage | 11.10.05 – 10:37 pm | #

Popular Posts