FAREWELL

I wrote this today for my colleagues...
Dear friends


It has been a good two years
(almost) of my life here.

I thank you for your kind guidance and assistance during my tenure here. I thank you again for the fond memories which I believe I would cherish the rest of my life – the family-like bond, the jokes we shared, and most of all – the makan-makan.

A friend of mine, who happened to call me whenever we have makan makan
(buffet) thought that we are running a catering business here!

I would like to apologise if I had offended you in any way, you know – blame it on the imbalanced female hormones! So I hope you will forgive me if I had raised my voice a little, or utterly rude (I know I am at times) or termakan your last biscuit that you painstakingly salvaged. (NO – I am not responsible for the missing things in the fridge!!)

Do keep in touch.
gina.xxx@gmail.com

Please take care of yourself.

Thank you and regards.


Gina


Note:
As the e-mail address is solely for the purposes of keeping in touch, I would appreciate if you could kindly avoid forwarding any junks to my address as I hardly read them.
As I am leaving my company today, a lot of things ran through randomly in my mind. I am leaving a totally care-free environment – with plenty of annual leaves – I could simply take off to chill somewhere, which I am totally grateful for. I wonder what it would be like in the new office. Sigh.

Here are the 10 things, I missed most about my ex company.

1. The occasional free breakfast in the mornings – nasi lemak sampling sessions.
2. The occasional meals with Ann (roti pisang satu, boss!)
3. Bullying my boss whenever I am in a bad mood.
4. The many, many window shopping in KLCC after work to avoid jam.
5. Casual Fridays – get to wear jeans to work.
6. The one solid hour listening to MixFM while stuck in the horrendous morning jam. (Wah.. it is getting messier when the Breakfast Show’s DJs decided to screw up other people’s marriage. This is getting exciting!)
7. The free Sun newspapers.
8. The nasi lemak at the footway between Public Bank and Selangor Dredging.
9. My tea lady’s kick ass NescafĂ©.
10. Last but not least, my boss.

No.. I didn't cry. In fact, this e-mail crack everyone up. Then, I went to have dinner with the fellow auditors... at Lau Heong, none other than the happening curry sting ray in Sentul.

Comments

Backup comments said…
We close some doors, and open other doors. That’s part of life. Best wishes on your new job!
fishtail | Homepage | 03.31.06 – 11:11 pm | #

you never know, things might be better in the new company.
maybe the boss would be even easier to bully :p
yuin | Homepage | 03.31.06 – 11:20 pm | #

my prayers n BESTEST wishes in the new milestone…

peace,
e
ed | 04.01.06 – 2:29 am | #

Gonna miss those occasional breakfast, lunch and rayau-rayau after work with you.
Ann | 04.03.06 – 9:39 am | #

c..never include me to lau heong….bastard. u owe me a lottttt.
pedro sanchez | 04.03.06 – 3:58 pm | #

Thanks ppl, for the well wishes. I am doing okay in my new job.
Gina | Homepage | 04.07.06 – 8:00 pm | #

Popular Posts