RANDOM LUNAR YEAR PICS

Hello! Gong Xi Fa Cai! I just got back from my trip to Port Weld (Taiping)-Balik Pulau(Penang) -Simpang Ampat (Perlis). It was just a small gathering among close relatives. I didn't go anywhere while I was bunking at my relatives' place, apart from staying put in their homes, away from the scorching sun; watching DVDs upon DVDs, just to kill time.

The traffic was horrendous. I wish you people safe journey home this weekend. Drive carefully. Don't use emergency lane, for goodness' sake!

Here are some of the random pics I took at the 3 different places. I just need some warming up before this weekend's Bali escapade! Getting kinda rusty for not fiddling with my camera for so long!

Left to right:

First row: Flowers in Selayang, fireworks in Port Weld, Pan Mein leaves' flowers!

Second row: Uncle's carpentry zone, leafy insect, white brinjal, weird vege (can be eaten - the leaves, that is) - all in Balik Pulau

Third row: Farmer neighbour, the small road towards my late grandma's house in Balik Pulau

Fourth & fifth row: Scenery on the highway, from Simpang Ampat. Taken from a moving car. Stuck in the jam - due to a truck on fire.

Comments

Backup comments said…
hmm..the last pic. Were you contributing to the jam taking pictures? but more importantly did you get the plate number? :P
yuin | 02.03.06 – 7:54 am | #

beautiful pics. ada potential!
happy | 02.03.06 – 12:49 pm | #

Yuin: I think the number plate was burnt beyond recognition. Nope, we didn’t really stop to take pics. All pics on the highway were taken, while the car was moving.

happy: Potential jadi paparazzi? Ha ha.
Gina | Homepage | 02.03.06 – 3:43 pm | #

nice candid pics…
VJ | 02.03.06 – 4:06 pm | #

nice pics dude….seems u hd lotsa fun..no food pics?
t | 02.03.06 – 4:54 pm | #

dude?

dude…
ryuu | 02.03.06 – 8:32 pm | #

yalo post la some pic of the makan fiesta u guys have…

peace
e
Anonymous | 02.03.06 – 10:58 pm | #

i was referring to the flowers, veggies, insects, landscapes. nicely done. a paparazzo goes for gambar berjuicy such as rafidah snapping a heel while rushing up on stage to persuade dr m not to resign, or perhaps sharifah aini giving siti ‘the stare’. kalau takda, burnt out trucks can also lah. oh ..i know the source of sufferings and where we cabut to after we die. but thats for another time. u be good to doggies now.
happy | 02.03.06 – 10:58 pm | #

how come i can never manage to snap pics of fireworks bursting into a flower? It’s either too early when i snap, or too late! what mode do u use? The fireworks mode in my digicam seems useless.

very nice color combination of the rows of pic, especially the last 2. green green green and blue blue blue.

Gong Xi Fa Cai!
*u super dramatic in the previous post la, duh!
kampungkai | Homepage | 02.04.06 – 9:54 am | #

ya, nice pics.
what camera do you use?
Vagus | Homepage | 02.04.06 – 10:15 am | #

nice shots as always i like the leaf insect shot
visithra | Homepage | 02.06.06 – 10:51 am | #

VJ: Sometimes, candid pics can be seriously good.

T: No food pics. I guess family will scream at me if I stop them to take pics before eating everytime!

Ryuu: Everyone treats me like a dude.

Ed: Cannot coz.. sure kena tiau. Ha ha.

Happy: Hah. You can be quite confusing.

kampungkai: Like I said lor.. candid. I guess I was lucky. I used the night mode. Out of 5 pics I took, only this ONE jadi!!

vagus: Like everyone used to ask me, and how I used to answer people – it is not the camera. It is the skills. Ha ha. I am using Canon Ixus50.

Visithra: I was lucky to have caught that one. The bug was very coorperative and remained still as I took its pic. Talk about modelling!
Gina | Homepage | 02.08.06 – 10:43 pm | #

Popular Posts