MACAM MACAM MALAYSIA

Firstly, it was the stupid MRR2 closure which had caused a living hell for road users like me. They had to close it to repair the hairline cracks on 30 out of 33 pillars, which were initially thought to be only 18 cracked pillars. Short by 12 pillars? Don’t know Maths is it?? They said they gonna take 4 ½ months. I doubt it. Looks like at least a year to me.

Malaysians: They always underestimate and never meet deadlines.

Secondly, the nude squat case. After big hoo hah to set up committee, this, that, everything – they only come to one conclusion. No more nude squat – after this thing had been carrying on for years, now only they realize it is degrading? Maybe it is necessary for drug related stuffs – I saw the same thing in Hong Kong movies before – this is indeed a standard procedure. But not till doing it repetitively 10x lah. Not tired meh? One thing is – they never seem to penalize the person who took the video. And as usual, Malaysians will take the setting up of a placebo committee as solution and get on with their lives.

Malaysian: They like to set up committee to show that they are serious about an issue. Then, the committee would remain as a white elephant – till another issue crop up and they will set another committee, then another and another. The number of committees set up would outnumber the toll collection booths in no time.

Now, the stink in the water. I didn’t take my bath the whole day yesterday as I remained almost in a comatose state for about 6 hours in the evening. When I woke up, I did some stuffs on my laptop and I found something stinks. At first, I thought it was me.

So I took my bath late at 9 pm and the smell got really overpowering. I thought it was the smell from the street, after the garbage truck pick up time. I was wrong. It was the water.

My 17 year old cousin speculated that it was culprit of the culled chickens due to bird flu. They buried them near the water dam that the rotting smell sipped into the earth and then, the dam. Quite imaginative for a 17 year old. I guess I know what she will be doing in college, probably some creative writing or advertising as she could blow things outta proportion – or maybe a good candidate to be a politician.

I learnt that, due to the heavy rain the night before (Saturday), the sewage sort of flow/flooded into the water dam. How could that be? How can they build a sewage reservoir anywhere near to drinking water?? Got use brain or not? That one, I am not too sure – even if I did go for a regatta once in Batu Dam. I remember a few people took their baths and answering nature’s call in the dam – they even have motor boats in the dam.. so…. No comment.

I hope the stinks would go off soon or else – I would still need to take bath with the waste water. I know I am an asshole at times – but I don’t have to smell like one.

PS. I don’t usually do social commentary like this.. not bad for someone who don’t really have time to read the papers. I only listen to the 10 minutes news in my car every morning.


Update:

The 30 sen hike in petrol? Damn! It was a lucky thing I am changing job nearer to home - like 5 minutes' drive away? Well, last night, after SB called up to inform me of the increase, and laymank telling me over the yahoo messenger - I didn't scramble out to pump petrol. Coincidentally, I was about to go to a friend's house to collect things, at the same time, checking out the petrol station. As usual, all those kiasus were there, jamming up the petrol station. It was 11.10 pm already, 50 minutes to go. I didn't wanna take risk and wait in line. I went to ta pao a tai pao instead.

Comments

Backup comments said…
while the tv news and papers may not be 100% accurate, i gather yr ‘social commentaries’ r purely based on hearsay and rumors? i can notice that…not very convincing lol.
san pedro manila | 02.28.06 – 10:15 am | #

Please do more social commentaries – they’re much more interesting. At your age, kinda inappropriate to ramble about teenage stuff, huh?
behTahan | 02.28.06 – 10:43 am | #

If you like, you can drop by our place for a shower, we’ve got clean water.
KML | 02.28.06 – 2:36 pm | #

Just ask, and I’ll send 40 litres of Spritzer’s mineral or distilled water over. Oops…that’s the quantity our experts say we need for a luxurious shower
peacelover | 02.28.06 – 2:48 pm | #

hhmm…i was lucky to be up here where the water is still ok..
foodcrazee | 02.28.06 – 4:49 pm | #

I think you shouldn’t get overly pissed off over the smelly water issue. It can be quite a conundrum for the people involved to put things right after Nature’s recent onslaught to your area.
On a brighter note, it could be fun to endure a day or two without bathe to understand the degree of uncomfort experienced by those not so fortunate people.
peacelover | 02.28.06 – 6:26 pm | #

well said, gina, on the commentary!

I, too, suffered the same smelly issue. I discovered it when I washed my hands and shocked to find my hands as foul as animal’s dead carcass. Wash again and again and again… Feel like ‘shit’ myself. Got worse when I had to rinse my face and brush my teeth… I’m not sure how much Listerine I used to ‘cover up’…
laymank | Homepage | 02.28.06 – 9:53 pm | #

san pedro: I don’t read papers and I jump into conclusions all the time – so.. this is what you get.

behTahan: You can always read viewtru’s. He has better social commentary stuffs. These teenage stuffs here, according to you, if it doesn’t suit your taste, easy – just don’t read? What to do? At this age – I am still young at heart.

KML: That is a very generous offer. I’ll keep that in mind if the water still stinks.

peacelover: I drink like 10% of 40 litres everyday.

foodcrazee: Not there yet probably. Just wait. LOL.

peacelover: yeah. I am preparing myself for visit to third world countries soon.

laymank: I actually used drinking water to wash my mouth in the morning becoz the smell was too terrible to endure.
Gina | Homepage | 03.01.06 – 12:09 am | #

Popular Posts