THE MAN WITH A PAN

The Pan Man

I know No. 1 Fan is anticipating this post. So, out of gratefulness for her continuous support, I embrace sleeplessness and try to put this up as witty as I can.

This month alone (since it is still Chinese New Year and my birthday month), I have been busy entertaining friends. That explains the temporary hiatus. Other than the lovely strawberry cake that WY baked for me, Ms Lactose and her dancing gang threw me a belated birthday party last Saturday at her house. She cooked me a four course dinner. Details .. soon.

The third a-friend-cooked-meal, came from my second date last month. Yeah – he is the guy that I said I wouldn’t date again.

Self: CB is going to cook me dinner tonight.

No. 1 Fan: Wah Lau Yeh! After so many years, my MAN never cooks me a single meal except for maggi mee.

Self: He is cooking pork chops. (Trying to rub more salt in the wound).

No. 1 Fan: @#$%^&* You are such a lucky b*tch.

Okay, No. 1 Fan is too proper to be calling me a b*tch. I exaggerated it as usual.

I was trying to contemplate what to get him for this dinner as I don’t feel nice going to any friend’s place empty handed.

No. 1 Fan: You should get him a bottle of wine to go with the pork chop.

Self: It is a good idea – but I wouldn’t want to encourage him further.

I bought him a nice strawberry roll from Sun Moulin. Yes, I have cravings for strawberries till today.

At CB’s place, he didn’t start cooking till I arrived as he was stuck with his work.

CB: OH! You have put on so much weight.

Self: @#$%^&* Chinese New Year mah!

(Minus 1000 brownie points. Dating Rule No. 1 – never ever say your date is fat, even if it’s the truth).

CB: Can you please help me to whip the potatoes flakes once the milk is boiled?

Self: Do you know my mom practically ban me from the kitchen coz I am totally hopeless?

CB: Garlic is aphrodisiac. So do onions.

Self: I bought you a strawberry roll. It is also aphrodisiac. I don’t think you need this much stimulant, do you?

CB: Likewise. *Grin* Grin*

Self: Are you hungry?

CB: Why? Are you hungry for something else? *Grin* Grin*

Self: I mean, usually, when a person cooks, he/she would lost appetite in eating their own cooked food.

CB: I like to cook and I like to eat.

Self: I know. (Glancing at his large frame from head to waist. I was sitting at the bar, couldn’t see his legs).

CB: And you will do the washing.

Self: Sigh. Okay. Think it’s fair. You cook, I wash. Those who can’t cook, has to do the dirty work.

The dinner went on well. Chatted a bit while watching some silly ass Singaporean show on the tv.

This man cooks. This man washes (Of course, he didn’t let me do the dishes). This man comes down his apartment to get you at your car. This man calls you to check if you have reached home. I don't know what I have done to deserve this... but it takes more than that to melt the heart of this ice queen.

Comments

Backup comments said…
war …wat else u need? A 3 carat diamond ring and rm3mil in dowry?
charlyn | Homepage | 02.22.05 – 1:58 am | #

u miss me dont ya..?
Sharizal Sharaani | Homepage | 02.22.05 – 2:14 am | #

awww… that’s sweet. Don’t you love it when a man can cook?
Kat | Homepage | 02.22.05 – 3:54 am | #

Ooo…lucky you! Home cooked wor! Now that’s something else!
mdmafia | Homepage | 02.22.05 – 11:44 am | #
Backup comments said…
i don’t know how to cook!
ryuu | Homepage | 02.22.05 – 7:58 pm | #

a shag perhaps?
vynie | Homepage | 02.22.05 – 9:26 pm | #

Sounds like the man is a catch?
Ann | 02.22.05 – 11:34 pm | #

Charlyn: Ah.. Thanks for the ideas.

Sharizal: I don’t remember you cooked for me before?

Kat: You are also a lucky b*tch with Rob around cooking fabulous Thai food for you!

Mdmafia: Yes, I feel I have died and gone to heaven. LOL

ryuu: But you salsa?

vynie: Probably he just want to have sex. Hahahah.

Ann: You should meet him!
Gina | Homepage | 02.23.05 – 12:28 am |
Backup comments said…
OoOoo~ I remember vividly the last time someone cooked for me on a date. It gave me a fake headache!

Bwahahahah!!!!
james | Homepage | 02.23.05 – 10:28 am | #

James: At least my date didn’t try to kill.. I mean, feed me with a fork. *wink*
Gina | Homepage | 02.23.05 – 10:28 pm | #

Ann, you really should meet him. He and Gina really looked like a couple… Gina, jangan mare…

I’m so tempted to elaborate the details but I guess it’s best that you meet him personally… *wink wink*
WY | 02.27.05 – 9:56 pm | #

Popular Posts