SEEK AND YOU SHALL FIND

Lovely Cake from WY (self baked!)

This blog is one year old today. Hooray! James gave me this blog on my birthday last year.

I feel special to be born on the day where LOVE is celebrated all across the world; lovers renewing their vows of undying love, friends – their never-ending friendships, etc.

On the other hand, it will also get kind of lonesome to be born on Valentine’s Day when you are still single.

To my dearest friends, well, I don’t blame you for not being able to celebrate my birthday with me today. I humbly understood. In fact, I already had my mini booze birthday party last night at WY’s which was a total blast. (Yeah - puking my guts out this morning 7 times.. nevertheless entertaining). Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I would like to dedicate this lovely excerpt, taken from Paul Coelho’s book (again – I just love it!)By the River Piedra, I Sat Down and Wept, to those who has loved, had loved, been loved, having loved, is loving, hoping to love and hoping to be loved….

But love is always new. Regardless of whether we love once, twice, or a dozen times in our life, we always face a brand new situation. Love can consign us to hell or to paradise, but it always takes us somewhere. We simply have to accept it, because it is what nourishes our existence. If we reject it, we die of hunger, because we lack the courage to stretch out a hand and pluck the fruit from the branches of the tree of life. We have to take love where we find it, even if that means hours, days, weeks of disappointment and sadness.

The moment we begin to seek love, love begins to seek us.

And to save us.

Happy Valentine's Day!


Synonyms: love, affection, devotion, fondness,infatuation

These nouns denote feelings of warm personal attachment or strong attraction to another person. Love is the most intense: marrying for love. Affection is a less ardent and more unvarying feeling of tender regard: parental affection. Devotion is earnest, affectionate dedication and implies selflessness: teachers admired for their devotion to children. Fondness is strong liking or affection: a fondness for small animals. Infatuation is foolish or extravagant attraction, often of short duration: lovers blinded to their differences by their mutual infatuation

Source:
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

Comments

Backup comments said…
Oh, Happy Birthday!

And I must get thet book :P I’ve enjoyed Coelho’s books that I read so far.
Resurrected | Homepage | 02.14.05 – 9:39 pm | #

This is an automated message.
Hey there!
I would like to invite you to read this blog and comment on any of the posts.
If you post a compellingly good comment,
your blog will be featured on the page
for all the world to see.
So please have a laugh and leave your link in the comments…

go to http://www.lolwtfdude.blogspot.com

I am not the owner of the blog.
I am simply spreading the insanity.
I recommend reading the guide to unoffcial blogging popularity. enjoy!
Anonymous | Homepage | 02.14.05 – 9:43 pm | #
Backup comments said…
many happy returns of the day and happy v day!
jasmine | Homepage | 02.14.05 – 10:45 pm | #

Happy birthday sweetie! Thanks for coming out on Saturday, was nice seeing you before I left.

P/S: sorry if i got you into trouble with CK. Heh.
Kat | Homepage | 02.15.05 – 3:00 pm | #

Happy Birthday, Gina…
VJ | 02.15.05 – 10:59 pm | #
Backup comments said…
HAPPY BIRDDAY!!!!!YEAR YEAR GOT TODAY!! YEAR YEAR 18 YEARS YOUNG!!
Tan Kien Boon | 02.15.05 – 11:10 pm | #

Thanks everybody for the well wishes!

Resurrected: Yeah, you should get the book. It is hopelessly romantic.

Kat: No worries. CK has short term memory. BTW, I have mailed you the pics we took at Passion.
Gina | Homepage | 02.15.05 – 11:37 pm | #

You should also read Coelho’s latest “Eleven Minutes.” It’s also about love.
mdmafia | Homepage | 02.16.05 – 1:32 pm | #

Happy Belated Birthday to the princess of valentines Gina :p
visithra | Homepage | 02.16.05 – 6:33 pm | #

mdmafia: I read your preview and bought the book! I have read the book and loved it. I blogged about it too.

Thanks Visithra! :D
Gina | Homepage | 02.16.05 – 10:25 pm | #

Hey, Happy Birthday. This year I’ve decided to get you your very own Blogrolling. Hehhehh!
james | Homepage | 02.19.05 – 2:21 am | #

James: Appreciate it. Whatever that is. Think you can help me a bit with the layout? It is getting kinda boring. Come on! Get your creativity working. Hahah.
Gina | Homepage | 02.20.05 – 1:53 am | #

Popular Posts