A HAIRY GUY, A SKINNY GUY AND TWO FAT LADIES

What were a hairy guy, a skinny guy and two fat ladies doing at the waterfall?

Picnic lah. What were you thinking?

I went for a short trip to Chamang. Before you go, HUH? Where the hell is that? This was exactly my reaction when I was invited to join Yabba (the hairy guy), Tan (the skinny guy) and Wang Loi (needless to mention) to Chamang waterfalls.

Nope. It is not anywhere near Chiengmai or Vietnam or Thailand, it is in very our country, situated in Raub, Pahang.

I notice I haven’t been posting anything on trips lately coz I haven’t been to any till this one.

Chamang Waterfall

WY, CK, Ms Lactose and Bee Stung Lips were off to conquer Mount Kinabalu without me last weekend. Sob. Sob. But then, I was relieved that I didn’t go to Kota Kinabalu after I read the warning clause in the itinerary:

Those with hypertension, kidney problems, heart ailments, backache problems, asthma, obesity, and other health problems are advised not to attempt to scale the mountain, without seeking medical advice from physicians.

Having two out of the many ailments listed, it would be best for me to stay home than to get myself killed in the mountain.

Chamang is situated in Raub, Pahang.. (I have mentioned that, haven’t I?). It took us only an hour to get there via Karak Highway to Bentong, Pahang. When I asked TKB, one of my readers, what not to be missed while in Bentong, without hesitation, he said, wild life delicacies (Ant eaters, tigers, fox, snakes, tortoise, etc). The only wild life I would probably consume is the wild boar. Anything other than that, I don’t eat. I am a Chinese, but don’t eat like one (Chinese are well known for eating any mortals that walk/crawl with their backs facing the sky).

Fusion of Man-Made Bridge and Nature

The River Runneth Over

White Flowers


Definitely not as breathtaking as Niagara Falls, I think the waterfall in Taiping is much better compare to this one in Chamang. Due to rainy season, the water was murky. However, many people still throng the place, bringing their families to have a nice picnic and to enjoy a cool dip in the murky water. So, if you would like to go there, find a sunny day.

The four of us joined the crowd. We went for a short jungle trekking, trying to pull some funny stunts on the canopy walk, enjoying nature at its own, went for a dip in the waters, joked about old times and ate junkfood.

Mr Ant on Dried Leaves

Canopy Walk

After basking in the sun and get ourselves some sun burn (not sun tan), we headed home, but not before pigging on a scrumptious lunch of steamed fish with ginger, roast duck, stirred fried vegetables, hokkien char in claypot and seaweed soup at a C-rated (not very clean by the Ministry of Health’s standard) local restaurant. As long as the food is good, who gives a shit about cleanliness.

Food of the Gods

Comments

Backup comments said…
Hey.. I forgot to tell u there is one place that fella damn lancy one.. he sell only home cook stuff.. very nice fish delicacy.. not wild life lah.. have to call and book also.. It that petai on the dish…yummy.. I want!!!
Tan Kien Boon | 03.31.05 – 2:25 am | #

Food!!!! Carpe Diem!!
Tan Kien Boon | 03.31.05 – 2:26 am | #

The place looks very nice… Hope your sun-burn is OK now.
I really enjoy reading about your trips…. especially the 7 spinsters one…. hahaha…..
Toxic | 03.31.05 – 3:57 am | #
Backup comments said…
shit… damn hungry now… and yeah as long as they serve good food who gives a shit about cleanliness
ryuu | 03.31.05 – 11:03 am | #

Damn…. the duck looks yummy… My stomach are growling and it’s almost lunch time now… One roast duck rice pls!
kay-el | Homepage | 03.31.05 – 11:36 am | #

Chinese are well known for eating any…

U forgot to mention creatures that swims. My Chinese friend once joked “ppl judge a fish by its weight but chinese measure it by how many ppl can eat it!”. Imagine going to those zoo aquariums pointing to the fish and say wah so big 5 ppl can eat this.
Maran | Homepage | 03.31.05 – 11:54 am | #
Backup comments said…
Be more adventurous lah – try all kinds of animals.
james | Homepage | 03.31.05 – 2:28 pm | #

I could almost smell the roast duck in the pic. Looks succulant. The right leg is slightly overdone though…..
viewtru | Homepage | 03.31.05 – 6:18 pm | #

TKB: Why never say say earlier?

Toxic: I will be going for another trip next weekend.

Ryuu: I am good at taking food pics and eating them.

kay-el: The roast duck win, hands down.

Maran: Fish by any species is edible to the Chinese.. hehe. No need to mention.

James: Probably the next animal I am going to try is the frog legs porridge. I never ate a tim kai in my 29 years of life.

viewtru: Thanks for the compliment. Do you think I am okay enough to work in a food review mag?
Gina | Homepage | 03.31.05 – 11:49 pm | #
Backup comments said…
I want that roast duck!

I think you’d be great at doing food reviews!
Toxic | 04.01.05 – 11:06 am | #

eating them? the pics or the food?
ryuu | 04.01.05 – 11:16 am | #

Let’s go eat frog legs porridge!!
Ann | 04.02.05 – 1:24 am | #

eh i want frogs leg porridge!!!
ryuu | 04.02.05 – 3:31 am | #

Ryuu: Let’s make a date then. We will go to eat frog legs with No. 1 fan. Hehhee.
Gina | Homepage | 04.02.05 – 3:51 pm | #

Woah, what a nice waterfalls… nice pictures! Especially the lanscape. Duck, my favourite…hehehhehe I miss roast goose as well..

Your food pictures always makes people hungry…
WY | 04.03.05 – 8:49 pm | #

i’m too late for this…. hey, wondering how the guys look like ler….. ha ha hee hee
Kitjar | Homepage | 09.28.05 – 10:19 am | #

Popular Posts