AULD LANG SYNE

Should auld acquaintance be forgot
And never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot
And days of auld lang syne?

This song never fails to bring tears to my eyes. I was first taught to sing this song in primary school when our beloved headmistress, Ms Dorai, retired. From that day onwards, I know that this song will be sung on sad occasions; like departures, death … to bid adieu to someone we loved and never to see them again for good.

The same goes to a passing year. Time and tide awaits no man.

Year 2004 was a challenging year. Whether you are enslaved to the corporate world or self-employed, it is good to know when to move on, to make necessary changes and having the courage to do so.


Pushing 30, there are many things I haven’t done. Being a serial procrastinator would only make things worse.

These are some of the things I did last year, which I am proud of:

1. Joining the gym
2. Controlling my temper
3. Learning to take things easy
4. Taking my aunt for a cruise as promised
5. Maintaining this blog

These are some of the things I wish I had done last year

1. Spend more time at home with family
2. Lose more weight
3. Eat healthily
4. Lending a hand for the needy
5. Joining the toast masters club

These are some of the things that I had done and regretted doing them

1. Being untactful in confessing my feelings, almost causing an end to a much cherished friendship
2. Bad mouthing people
3. Overspent
4. Jumping into conclusions, without checking
5. Being frivolous and flamboyant
6. Having supper after each gym sessions
7. Talking too much.

These are the things I hope to accomplish this year

1. Spend more time at home with family
2. Lose more weight
3. Eat healthily
4. Lending a hand for the needy
5. Joining the toast masters club
6. Minimize bad mouthing people ( I know I can’t stop totally)
7. To think first before I open my mouth (Stop being a bitch)
8. To fulfil spiritual needs
9. To spend time wisely
10. Owning an apartment

... last but not least, learn to let go. (So, help me, God!)
Last night.. obviously, I didn't take Plan C.. else I won't be blogging now. I went to see a good friend for supper and watched unexpected fireworks in Bandar Sri Damansara. It was beautiful... I didn't get pissed drunk either.

Comments

Backup comments said…
bravo! bravo! bravo! fantastico! coolamundo… ni zhi dao mah? ni shi jui hao de!!! all the best to u and may the challenging 2005 be a new yardstick of personal great achievement!
Tan Kien Boon | 01.02.05 – 10:56 am | #

btw, I learn to keep personal records of finances now and keep receipts as well. Read from a book! My ex-boss is a multi millionaire, yet he still keep all his receipts. There must be something in it.. have done that since yesterday. hmm.. i begin to notice something. WYSIWYG… hehe
Tan Kien Boon | 01.02.05 – 11:00 am | #
Backup comments said…
Happy new year, Gina.
anonymous | Homepage | 01.03.05 – 11:05 am | #

heya gina, haven’t been reading for a while happy new year to you! may you succeed in keeping all your resolutions n more!
CC | 01.03.05 – 11:47 am | #

happy new year
ryuu | Homepage | 01.03.05 – 3:29 pm | #
Backup comments said…
geez, TKB. I think you are now my number one fan, displacing Ann. Hahahah.

Have a blessed new year, Mr Warren?

CC: It has been awhile yeah.. I miss your comments. Welcome back. Happy new year to you too.

Ryuu: Muax xox
Gina | Homepage | 01.03.05 – 10:14 pm | #
Backup comments said…
happy new year gina. it is good to have things you wish to accomplish i.e. new year’s resolutions. i started the trend last year and already have a few resolutions this year. i think we should all take time to be more nicer to each other.
victoria | 01.04.05 – 6:59 pm | #

Victoria: Happy New Year to you too. Is that a hint I am not nice enough? Hahahah. I admit, sometimes I am a bitch…. ok ok.. most of the time. I will see what I can do about it.
Gina | Homepage | 01.04.05 – 10:21 pm | #

Happy New Year, Gina. All the best in your resolutions! I’m sure you’d give your hardest in trying to achieve them.
Toxic | 01.05.05 – 4:13 am | #
Backup comments said…
Happy New Year Gina….. Hope that 2005 would bring you & your family love, peace and joy.
Ann | 01.05.05 – 1:20 pm | #

sometimes being a bitch is everything..
hyphenatedL | Homepage | 01.05.05 – 9:09 pm | #

Blessed new year to you too, Toxic, Ann.

hyphenatedL: IT IS EVERYTHING! Why can’t people just accept it?? Hahha.
Gina | Homepage | 01.06.05 – 12:48 am | #

Happy New Year, Gina!
mdmafia | Homepage | 01.07.05 – 4:26 pm | #

Popular Posts