THE QUEST FOR PERFECTION

Perfection

How many women had fallen victims to gimmicks that promise eternal youth?

As old as the world maybe, the beauties like Cleopatra of Egypt, Helen of Troy, etc must have taken drastic measure to ensure that their beauty above all things are well preserved. Models or beauty queens who insisted they only cleanse, tone and moisturize are all liars.

As for me, I couldn’t care less how I dress up for the day, how I style my hair, but my skin condition is on top of my priority list. After all, it is the first defense mechanism of the body from external invasion. (Note: Scientific excuses will be used in order to camouflage my vanity).

To me, going for facial courses is not my option for radiant skin, till I was plagued with excess excretion of sebum and eruption of little volcanoes (those dreaded pimples) all over my face when I was in TAR College. Must be the water, or some friends said, I hit the second puberty at 19.

After numerous pimples and many disastrous purchases of cleansers, toners, scrubs, tea tree oil products, oxy (famous in the 90s then), etc which made my toilet cabinet looking like a mini pharmacy, later, I decided to take drastic measure by going to a beautician.

After shopping for the perfect salon with the 4Rs - Right people, Right service, Right price, Right location, I am a loyal customer of Agjov Beauty Salon in Plaza Mutiara, Jalan Ipoh for the third year now. So what if it doesn’t have big names like Leonard Drake’s Dermalogica or Clara International? I have been to both and I don’t get the personal attention that I needed.

Facials are like mini plastic surgery to me, minus the cost of the bomb.

Today, I decided to go for something other than the routine algae mask, I went for bio renewal and repair.

It was a 2 ½ hours facial, (usually 1 ½ hours to 2) with extra special stuff being slapped on my face for added Oomph! Jovy, my beautician, afterall is my sister's best bud. Jovy was my brief roommate when we were in TAR College, till she opted to do beauty course instead. Good move, if you ask me.

The place evolves with time. Now they have 4 private rooms instead of one row of five beds with curtains when they first started.

The cozy environment with soothing rendition by Enya or Kenny G will lull you to sleep, while the professionals attend to your face, neck and shoulder. I particularly like the massage on the face right after the extraction of polluted residue. There is also a slimming course but I do not have the time to do it. Have to go like once every two days for best results. That is why I go to the gym instead. Nearer to my office and I get to check out the guys. It’s a long term process.

I didn’t say I look like a cover girl now. Just imagine – if I don’t go, I would have looked even more tragic. At least I keep those pimples and blackheads at bay.. and look clean.

And they use Cellnique, believing in Passion for Perfect Skin.

For more information, please contact Jovy at:

Agjov Beauty
1-53, 1st Floor, Kompleks Mutiara,
Batu 3 1/2, Jalan Ipoh,
51200 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-6250 3202

Comments

Backup comments said…
My hygiene : Protex fresh for full body cleansing and Ginvera tea tree shampoo..Major daily overhaul serum :H2O… Well, the key to beauty skin is still according to Doctor Norman Swarkropkft is your diet! I never look back since then… safe me tonnes of ringgit…
Tan Kien Boon | 01.16.05 – 2:58 pm | #

Heyyyy.. i wanna go as well. Take me take me.
Kat | Homepage | 01.17.05 – 1:06 am | #

Sounds fun.. :D Haven’t been to a beauty salon before.
I just cleanse and drink lots of water. Nothing else… oh wait, fruits.. :P
GJ | Homepage | 01.17.05 – 2:24 am | #
Backup comments said…
me just use h20
ryuu | Homepage | 01.17.05 – 9:45 am | #

I have been going to Leonard Drake for 8 years now and even then, I still can’t get it into my thick skull that you can’t get rid of freckles.
mdmafia | Homepage | 01.17.05 – 5:29 pm | #

I guess everyone has their own method of skin care. I agree. H2O is by far, the most effective method – drink more water and keep skin clean, using water.

Kat, you can always come with me anytime.

Madam: Wah. It is getting way to expensive now in LD.
Gina | Homepage | 01.18.05 – 1:43 am | #

Wat2do? The promoters at H20 told me the brand caters to ‘young’ skin. *hint hint*
mdmafia | Homepage | 01.18.05 – 1:23 pm | #

Gina been having lots of fun for the last 2 months… Night partying mostly. Shows in her face. But now not so anymore.
Ann | 01.19.05 – 8:24 am | #

Popular Posts