TOP TEN REASONS I AM NOT A CHRISTIAN

I am not anti-Christ. With all due respect, I think all religions, whatever they are, as long as they do not involve killing anyone, are good.

After watching the Passion of the Christ in James’ church last week, I had this nagging and disturbing thought. No doubt, I was so moved by the movie. For a moment, I felt that I was being such an ass for questioning God. I was reminded during the part when one of the thieves, crucified together with Christ, asked Jesus, “They said You are God. Why not You save Yourself out of this?” Then, a very ugly black crow came and pecked his eyes off.

I guess I just have to be satisfied with the most famous answer whenever I questioned faith, “God works in His own mysterious ways”.

I was a Christian before, ages ago. Now, back slided and embarrassed to say that I am quite content with it.

It was an uphill task being a Christian. Like a person with sluggish stamina, trying to climb Everest.

Well, here’s the list, top ten reasons I am not a Christian:-

(10) Not committed enough to go to church every weekend and mingled with overly happy people. (Christians – over cheerful, too nice, too good to be true)
(9) Can’t afford the 10% tithe. (I am living on credit now – does God accept Visa/Master?)
(8) Nobody has died and gone to Heaven and came back to tell us about it. (or maybe I am not so well read)
(7) Cannot gossip/judge people. (C’mon. That day, I went to Sg Wang with some chums, we saw a horizontally-challenged woman in tight tank top and mini hot pants. When she walks, her cellulite thighs rubbed against each other, looks so wobbly like a pair of walrus on heat. What we can do? If we don’t talk about it?)
(6) Cannot consult tarot card readers/soothsayers/palmists. (Human are just curious)
(5) How to believe in goodness when you see all evils in this world?
(4) Cannot think maliciously. (I always thought (never acted – no guts) of getting even with my ex boss. Nothing can be sweeter than revenge! Hell hath no fury like a woman’s scorn)
(3) Cannot offer joss sticks to my dead ancestors ( I think it is all being respectful, even if they are now all in Hell – for not being Christians)
(2) Primodial soup theory made sense as opposed to Creation theory. (Studied Biology)

and...

(1) Cannot buy 4D

Well, who knows? I might be a Christian one fine day. I guess it is less stressful not to think so much and take a day at a time. Ignorance is bliss

Comments

Backup comments said…
Cannot buy 4D is your number one reason? Amazing!!
james | Homepage | 04.27.04 – 9:08 am | #

Yes. Money is GOD to me.
Pagan Gina | Homepage | 04.27.04 – 11:05 am | #

lol!!!
ryuu | Homepage | 04.27.04 – 2:17 pm | #

Haha… Cannot buy 4D!! :D

I’m not a Christian (or a part of any religion in fact) because I am more spiritual than religious.
raZZbeRRy | Homepage | 04.27.04 – 4:44 pm | #

you can be a christian as long as you believe in the basic theology. i consider myself a christian, and look at me, i’m no saint. am i a christian? yeah, i believe i am…
killuminati | Homepage | 04.28.04 – 10:21 am | #

Yope, Killuminati (whatever that means!)

It’s a relationship between God and ourselves. Screw what other ppl thinks!
Gina | Homepage | 04.28.04 – 4:19 pm | #
Backup comments said…
This post, is like a cool shower in a hot desert. Finally someone who thinks that all religions mean well!
I’ve been confronted with ppl who are tryin hard to convert me..
Stay true to your heart!
ginnie | Homepage | 09.04.05 – 7:52 pm | #

Popular Posts