TO DRIVE OR NOT TO DRIVE?

A colleague’s new automatic Kenari arrived 2 days ago. She took 2 days off to take a driving refresher course. I laughed at her.

I was in her situation before. When I got my Kenari (yes – a coincidence coz she is impressed with my car while traveling in it for lunches) 2 weeks before I came to work here, me too, thought of registering myself for a refresher course.

It was then my stick insect sister shook some senses into me and said, “It is an automatic car, you don’t need any refresher course. I can teach you (or rather scream at you) for free.”

It took ages before I could actually overcame my fear of driving. Thank God for this new job (even if I hated it), blessings come in disguise. I was forced to drive to work as there were no proper transportation.

The phobia of driving all initiated from my dad’s old car died on me while being the first in line at the traffic light when I sent my sister and her friend to tuition class. It was raining heavily and those stupid revolting and inconsiderate drivers honked incessantly.( It is a good thing they have the “P” sticker now). I freaked out. My brother who was with me at that point of time, asked my sister to stop screaming and calmed me down. He drove the car home (he didn’t have a license then). I was traumatized.

I got my driving license 10 years ago, and I only drove less than 10 times in this entire duration. Always give feeble excuses when my sister voluntarily offer to teach me how to drive. Friends are complaining of sending me home all the time after late night out and can’t stop penalizing the lousy road system (there were construction of highways everywhere within the vicinity of Selayang (inner Jinjang). So, I started to drive after 4 years of constant complaints (out of no choice really). But now, no one asked me out pulak. BUMMER.

Comments

Backup comments said…
After years of having drive you home, I decided to punish you by never asking you out again!! Bwahahahaahaha!!!

OK lah. No lah. It’s just that you got your car too late – long after so many of us outgrew lepaking!
james | Homepage | 03.13.04 – 10:40 am | #

Gravatar Well, I begin to hang out with younger people now. hahahha.
Gina | Homepage | 03.14.04 – 12:10 am | #

Gravatar jinjang? lol.. u jinjang girl? :P i tot jinjang girls hate to be called that. lol… if like that, come out lepak la. i’ll be around bukit maluri on sundays. love the pasar malam. :P
dSaint | Homepage | 03.15.04 – 11:14 am | #

Gravatar Hi there,
Found ur site thru ur very funny fren james. then i discovered that u’re also quite witty and funny too. Anyway, is kenari really is that good? Im thinking of trading my waja for a kenari la..
inn | Homepage | 03.15.04 – 7:06 pm | #

Gravatar No No.. I am not in Jinjang. But James said Selayang is Inner jinjang coz his place is in Jinjang itself. Jinjang James more like it.

Waja for kenari? it is good.. coz, save petrol, easy to find parking, low maintenance. but air cond is not so good lah. that`s about it. better buy an imported car if you can afford one. local cars rattle after a year.
Jinjang Gina | Homepage | 03.21.04 – 12:15 am | #

Popular Posts