CHANGE THE TYRE!

My worst nightmare finally came true. This morning, my car got a flat coz I was unable to avoid a stupid rock which fell from a stupid truck right in front of me. I still have 3 more minutes before I reached my office… fearing that I might not be able to change it, which I am SURE that I don’t, I drove the car in its pathetic state to my office.

When I reached office, I quickly asked for help from Mr King, who is one of the drivers in my office. He is a very helpful man. When he asked me where is the bar sub-assy jack (I refer to the Perodua manual to get this bombastic term), I don’t even know where did I put it. Silly me. He said, “Your car is so new. Can’t be. They must provide this together with the jack.” I have absolutely no freaking idea of what he is talking about. Luckily, my colleague offered a good car jack and also, King was not pissed with me for my ignorance. After my colleague lend me her jack, I found the bar sub-assy jack in the tool bag provided by Perodua while getting out the hub nut wrench for King. My face turned red in embarrassment (or because I was sweating profusely even when I am not the one changing the tyre).

King told me to learn from him how to changed the tyre so that I don’t have to ask for help the next time and even offer to take the flatten tyre to his friend’s workshop to help fix it.

Cost me RM155 for balancing, alignment and a brand new tyre. The old tyre can’t be used anymore coz the rim was way off its alignment and also, the inner tube is flatten beyond help. That is what they said, I wouldn’t know anyway.

From today onwards, I vow to read more on cars and get in tune with the terms so that I won’t be so lost if anyone asked me about things in the car. And.. to buy King breakfast whenever I see him this week!

Comments

Popular Posts