THE ART OF ARSE KISSING

12.35 p.m. Office, 2nd floor. This building has no CF!

The board room is filled with people. Mr Handsome (one of the long serving managers in my company) came to borrow extension cord from me. Too bad he is married. Christian some more. Most likely unable to flirt with him (haha).

Still very free since morning. Trying hard to look busy. Now in jitters coz waiting for shares purchased to be confirmed. Regretted for not buying the stocks when they were 6 sen cheaper! Would have gotten RM600 in a matter of a week! Christ! If only!

Boss came back from meeting in high spirits. Of coz, heard rumors that she was entitled to 3 months’ bonus for her high skills in polishing people’s shoes and kissing the MD’s butt. It is a miracle that she is still employed after so many years of bullshitting. Must learn from her, skilled mastery of kissing one’s arse.. the right arse at the right time. If you believe in feng shui, she is born in the year of Rooster. According to Lillian Too, Roosters will be damn lucky in the period of 8, which will last 20 years. Godamnit.

An idiot acting as the advisor to the big boss in a fairly large company, with absolutely no idea on what she is doing, and well known for her tai-chi movement in passing on responsibilities to someone else. Can’t even tell the difference between disposal, acquisition and contra. Christ. Her overused statement – “Is it? Well, since it is not being passed to me directly, it is none of my biz. I don’t care”.

The art of communication (kissing arses and politicking) is a very important criteria when you are a salary earner. I have realized this since the first day I stepped foot into the corporate world, sadly, I have yet to master this particular communication skill. I have been naive in thinking that I will be able to get away with my boldness and aggressiveness, compensating by my impressive job performance. Unfortunately, not every industry has people who will appreciate opinionated and highly initiative employees. Guess I have to tone down a bit and just follow where the wind blows. If you can’t beat them, join them.

3.55 p.m.

Almost fell asleep over the pc after drafting a minute which I do not attend. A short note is provided by my boss to “assist” me in drafting the minutes. It is really funny what she thinks is important is a total hog wash. Like.. why it the reference numbers are being numbered that way? Stupid question. Stupid notation.

4.10 p.m.

A colleague showed me some pics taken in Taiwan. Mental note: never ever buy that digital camera she is using.

4.18 p.m.

Woah.. the thunder is deafening. Good reason to go home early. Actually I always go home sharp at 5.30 p.m. irregardless it rains or shines. That is why my boss hated me so much for being “not committed”. To her, commitment is staying back till 11 p.m. irregardless you have things to do or not. As you can see, I am too free till I can write blogs during office hours.. so.. should I stay back and write more blogs in order to show that I am utterly “committed” to the company?


4.24 p.m.

There is basically no filing system in this company. When you want to find something, you have to look for it for hours after everybody denied having it.

4.28 p.m.

*cough* This cough is killing me.

4.29 p.m.

it is pouring outside! Yikes!

10.50 p.m.

Gone to see the doc. I have joined the circle of pill popping people. It is high blood pressure or they called it hypertension. Sigh. Doc said 40% is hereditary, 60% is lifesytle. I am a hybrid in between both of them.

Comments

Backup comments said…
Yes! Tone down. It’s about time you did.
james | Homepage | 02.25.04 – 10:35 am | #

Popular Posts